Maharashtra State board or SSC will adopt a new syllabus effective from 2013 which is said to be more objective and application-based,
On Friday, education minister Rajendra Darda approved the draft syllabus which will be put up on the state government website for suggestions. He also said that this new syllabus will be introduced in phases and bring SSC students at par with other boards.
This new syllabus has been developed after studying the curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and other state
Earlier, the state had appointed the Maharashtra State Council of Educational Research and Training to create a draft syllabus. The council formed expert groups for each subject which finalised the new syllabus in a year through 26 workshops.
The new syllabus aims to reduce the burden on students with smaller textbooks, as in last few years growing number of students are seen leaving SSC schools to join national and international boards.
While some school principals have welcomed the new SSC syllabus proposed by the state, others termed it as a “thoughtless” policy change.
Incoming search terms:
- maharashtra board ssc syllabus 2013
- ssc new syllabus maharashtra
- maharashtra ssc syllabus 2013
- maharashtra ssc board new syllabus
- new syllabus for ssc maharashtra board 2013
- new syllabus of ssc maharashtra board
- maharashtra ssc board new syllabus 2013
- new syllabus of ssc maharashtra board 2013