Solomon Islands is a sovereign country consisting of six major islands and over 900 smaller islands in Oceania lying to the east of Papua New Guinea and northwest of Vanuatu. Honiara is the capital and the largest city of Solomon Islands.
Athletes from Solomon Islands will compete in the 2018 Commonwealth Games which is scheduled to take place in the Gold Coast, Australia from 4 to 15 April 2018.
Solomon Islands has been taking part in the Commonwealth Games since 1982 Commonwealth Games and so far have participated in 8 commonwealth games.
Solomon Islands has never managed to win a medal at Commonwealth Games.
I am sure people of Solomon Islands would be eager to know about Athletes / Participants taking part in 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Solomon Islands Athletes Participating in 2018 Commonwealth Games :
14 athletes from Solomon Islands will take part in 6 sports events at 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Track & road events
- Kevin Pio – Men’s 100 m
- Patrick Kam – Men’s 5000 m
- Samantha Rofo – Women’s 100 m
- Sharon Firisua – Women’s 5000 m
- Henry Kia – 60 kg
- Clayment Lafiara – Men’s 50 m freestyle
- Angella Charles – Women’s 50 m freestyle
Table Tennis –
- Gary Nuopula – Men’s singles
- Lalmah Sifi – Women’s singles
- Lalmah Sifi, Gary Nuopula – Mixed doubles
- Patrick Newman – Men’s
- Rocky Ratu – Men’s
Weightlifting / Powerifting –
- David Gorosi – Men’s 85 kg
- Mary Kini Lifu – Women’s 53 kg
- Jenly Tegu Wini – Women’s 58 kg
Live Broadcast, Live Streaming of 2018 Commonwealth Games in Solomon Islands :
In Solomon Islands, Live Streaming of Commonwealth Games 2018 will be available on gc2018.com while Live Broadcast of the Event in Solomon Islands will most likely be available on Sky Pacific, Solomon Telekom, etc. TV Channels.