Cook Islands is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean in free association with New Zealand. The capital and the largest city is Avarua.
Athletes from Cook Islands will compete in the 2018 Commonwealth Games which is scheduled to take place in the Gold Coast, Australia from 4 to 15 April 2018.
Cook Islands has been taking part in the Commonwealth Games since 1974 Commonwealth Games and so far have participated in 10 commonwealth games.
Cook Islands has never managed to win a medal at Commonwealth Games.
I am sure people of Cook Islands would be eager to know about Athletes / Participants taking part in 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Cook Islands Athletes Participating in 2018 Commonwealth Games :
18 athletes from Cook Islands will take part in 4 sports events at 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Alex Beddoes
- Patricia Taea
- Tereapii Tapoki
Lawn Bowls –
- Taiki Paniani – Singles
- Taiki Paniani, Aidan Zittersteijn – Pairs
- Lawrence Paniani, Munokokura Pita, Adoni Wichman-Rairoa – Triples
- Lawrence Paniani, Munokokura Pita, Adoni Wichman-Rairoa, Aidan Zittersteijn – Fours
- Nooroa Mataio – Singles
- Emily Jim, Nooroa Mataio – Pairs
- Teokotai Jim, Tiare Jim, Jacquelin Purea – Triples
- Emily Jim, Teokotai Jim, Tiare Jim, Jacqueline Purea – Fours
- Wesley Roberts
- Temaruata Strickland
- Kirsten Fisher-Marsters
Weightlifting / Powerifting –
- Philippa Woonton – Women’s 75 kg
- Luisa Peters – Women’s +90 kg
Live Broadcast, Live Streaming of 2018 Commonwealth Games in Cook Islands :
In Cook Islands, Live Streaming of Commonwealth Games 2018 will be available on gc2018.com while Live Broadcast of the Event in Cook Islands will most likely be available on Sky Pacific, Sky Television, etc. TV Channels.