On Thursday, 9th March, Pakistani cricketer Misbah-ul-Haq equaled Yuvraj Singh’s record of hitting 6 Sixes of 6 Balls.
Playing for Hong Kong Island United against Hung Hom Jaguars, 42-year-old veteran scored 82 runs from just 37 balls with the help of 7 sixes and 4 fours, and six of those huge sixes came of 6 consecutive balls…..
Misbah’s team were on 175/6 in 18.4 overs when he started the onslaught. He hit the first two sixes of last two balls of the 19th over, bowled by Imran Arif.
He again got on strike on the second ball of the 20th over being bowled by Ashley Caddy and he dispatched the remaining 4 balls of the innings out of the boundary for another 4 sixes – thus making it 6 consecutive sixes….
Although it equals Yuvraj Singh’s record of 6 Sixes in 6 Balls, Yuvraj still holds the record of hitting 6 Sixes in a single over as Yuvraj had scored all those sixes in a single over bowled by England’s Stuart Broad in a World T20 match.
- Six No. 1 – 18.5 Over (Bowler – Imran Arif)
- Six No. 2 – 18.6 Over (Bowler – Imran Arif)
- Six No. 3 – 19.3 Over (Bowler Ashley Caddy)
- Six No. 4 – 19.4 Over (Bowler Ashley Caddy)
- Six No. 5 – 19.5 Over (Bowler Ashley Caddy)
- Six No. 6 – 19.6 Over (Bowler Ashley Caddy)